Transitioning children back into school
To support the wellbeing of setting staff, children and young people during the Covid-19 pandemic, we have created several short briefings and information sheets that consider the psychological aspects of the transition back to school.
The briefings include:
- Trauma-informed Transition back to school;
- Returning to school: supporting staff wellbeing;
- Returning to school: behaviours you may expect to see and strategies to support children and young people;
- Emotion Coaching;
- Importance of Play;
- Returning to school: Top Tips for Parents.
We have also provided briefings to support transitions for groups of children and young people with specific needs, designed to form a graduated response in addition to the resource Trauma-informed Transition back to school, including:
- Helping Autistic pupils transition back to school;
- Transition back to school for children and young people who have experienced developmental trauma and/or are in care;
- Transition back to school for those with social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH).
a flexible, whole setting approach to improving children and young people's mental health and emotional well-being